Important PSA about Covid-19: We Are In This Together!
It has been announced that Waterloo Region will be moving out of Lockdown and into the Red Zone on February 16th. Because of this, we are very excited to announce that we will be returning to in person lessons on March 1st! We are taking our time to make sure that all of the necessary health & safety procedures are in place to keep all of our staff & students as safe as possible.
For our current students: If you would like to move to in person lessons, you can do so as early as March 1st. To do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you intend to return to in person lessons. If you would like to change your lesson day or time, please include that information in your email.
We are requiring that all students looking to take in person lessons fill out a form (found here) confirming that you have read & understood our In Person Lesson Health & Safety Guidelines. Again, this is a requirement for returning to in person lessons.
If you would prefer online lessons, those are still an option! We are still offering virtual lessons for our students who prefer the online experience. If you are looking for more information on online lessons, click HERE!
WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE MUSIC SCHOOL:
1) Please call or text the new assigned number when you arrive at the school 519-893-2121, while in your car We will let you know when it is safe to enter the building. We need to ensure that there are not too many people in our music school, so we can follow the physical distancing measures.
2) In order to comply with physical distancing measures, we will not be having a waiting room at this time, therefore please ensure there is only one parent accompanying their child(ren) to the music school.
3) Please ensure you and your child(ren) wear a face covering before entering the
school, to follow our Face Covering By-law. This does not apply to children under
the age of 5 and those who are unable to wear a face cover as a result of a medical
condition or disability. If you forget one, a disposable one will be provided for you.
4) For students of TKAM that are 18 years old and under, we ask that one
parent/legal guardian fill out the health screening questionnaire. This can be done
on the day of your lesson, prior to arriving by clicking HERE, or we will assist you
with completing them at the music school once you arrive, if you have not done
so in advance.
5) Your teacher will greet you at the reception area and bring you to your class for your lesson.
6) After you have completed your lesson, please exit through the back door. This door is in the back hallway leading back into the building (not to the outside). Your teacher will guide you the first few times. There will also be floor guides and wall signs.
7) If parents are not attending the lesson with their child(ren), we ask parents to pick up their child(ren) promptly after their lesson to avoid any delay for the next student.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO ENSURE EVERYONE’S SAFETY:
1) Every teacher will be cleaning and sanitizing after every student. We have allowed some extra time in between lessons
to ensure the students may exit safely and that the room is prepared for the next student.At the end of every day the teacher will be sanitizing the room thoroughly to allow the room to be ready for the next day.
2) Every teacher and staff member will be styling in their new face covering.
3) Lesson times have been staggered to ensure that physical distance can
4) Teachers and staff members will be following the same Health Screening
Questions prior to teaching/working. Should they experience any of the
COVID-19 symptoms prior to teaching, their students will be notified to
either continue with an online lesson or a make-up lesson at a later time.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY OF THE COVID-19 SYMPTOMS:
At this time, we would ask that you do not bring your child(ren) to the music school if they are experiencing ANY of the COVID-19 symptoms. We would like to ensure the highest level of safety for everyone.
Should your child(ren) experiences any of the following symptoms prior to their lesson, please call or email the school, as soon as possible. Online lessons may be continued instead of in-person lesson for that day or a make-up lesson can be scheduled at a later time:
New onset of cough
Stuffy or congested nose
Lost sense of taste or smell
Digestive issues (nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain), or
For young children and infants: sluggishness or lack of appetite
Please note our phone lines will be answered Monday to Friday from 10am to 8pm and Saturday's from 10am to 4pm. Please email us for any inquiries outside of business hours. We look forward to hearing from you!