We are so excited to announce the reopening of The Kitchener Academy
of Music on July 27th!!!
Words cannot express how happy we are to see your faces in real life,
and as excited as we are to open our doors we do have a few things to
go over with you. CLICK HERE to view our In Person Lesson Guide.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE MUSIC SCHOOL:
1) Please call or text the new assigned number when you arrive at the school 519-893-2121, while in your car We will let you know when it is safe to enter the building. We need to ensure that there are not too many people in our music school, so we can follow the physical distancing measures.
2) In order to comply with physical distancing measures, we will not be having a waiting room at this time, therefore please ensure there is only one parent accompanying their child(ren) to the music school.
3) Please ensure you and your child(ren) wear a face covering before entering the school, to follow our Face Covering By-law. This does not apply to children under the age of 5 and those who are unable to wear a face cover as a result of a medical condition or disability. If you forget one, a disposable one will be provided for you.
4) For students of TKAM that are 18 years old and under, we ask that one parent/legal guardian fill out the health screening questionnaire. This can be done on the day of your lesson, prior to arriving by clicking HERE, or we will assist you with completing them at the music school once you arrive, if you have not done so in advance.
5) Your teacher will greet you at the reception area and bring you to your class for your lesson.
6) After you have completed your lesson, please exit through the back door. This door is in the back hallway leading back into the building (not to the outside). Your teacher will guide you the first few times. There will also be floor guides and wall signs.
7) If parents are not attending the lesson with their child(ren), we ask parents to pick up their child(ren) promptly after their lesson to avoid any delay for the next student.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO ENSURE EVERYONE’S SAFETY:
1) Every teacher will be cleaning and sanitizing after every student. We have allowed some extra time in between lessons
to ensure the students may exit safely and that the room is prepared for the next student.At the end of every day the teacher will be sanitizing the room thoroughly to allow the room to be ready for the next day.
2) Every teacher and staff member will be styling in their new face covering.
3) Lesson times have been staggered to ensure that physical distance can
4) Teachers and staff members will be following the same Health Screening
Questions prior to teaching/working. Should they experience any of the
COVID-19 symptoms prior to teaching, their students will be notified to
either continue with an online lesson or a make-up lesson at a later time.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY OF THE COVID-19 SYMPTOMS:
At this time, we would ask that you do not bring your child(ren) to the music school if they are experiencing ANY of the COVID-19 symptoms. We would like to ensure the highest level of safety for everyone.
Should your child(ren) experiences any of the following symptoms prior to their lesson, please call or email the school, as soon as possible. Online lessons may be continued instead of in-person lesson for that day or a make-up lesson can be scheduled at a later time:
New onset of cough
Stuffy or congested nose
Lost sense of taste or smell
Digestive issues (nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain), or
For young children and infants: sluggishness or lack of appetite
Please note our phone lines will be answered Monday to Friday from 10am to 8pm and Saturday's from 10am to 4pm. Please email us for any inquiries outside of business hours. We look forward to hearing from you!